JC050 – Hall-Effect Roller
The JC050 is a roller for use in joystick grips and other in-cab human-machine interfaces.
- Product Brand Penny & Giles
- Robust design for arduous applications
- Optional lever actuator profile
- Low under-panel depth of 23mm
- Hall-effect sensor technology
- Rated for 3 million cycles of life
- Dual-redundant electronic architecture
- Outputs with sense and voltage span options
- Dual supply to ensure a high level of signal integrity
- Designed to allow contamination (liquid or dust) to pass through the mechanism without causing any damage
- Electronics sealed to IP67
A robust, return-to-center mechanism provides movement over a range of ±37°, with the thumbwheel having an option of a lever profile to ease operation. A compact mechanical design means the required under-panel space is just 23mm.
The roller utilizes non-contacting, Hall-effect sensing technology that eliminates contact wear and provides for long-life integrity of the output signal, giving rise to a minimum operating life of 3 million cycles.
Safety is enhanced via a fully dual-redundant electronic architecture made up of two power supplies and two sensing circuits, the outputs of which can be set to positive or negative ramps or a combination of both. Electronic robustness is assured with the enclosure sealing rated to both IP67.