JC040 – Proportional, Hall-Effect Rocker
The JC040 is a proportional rocker for use in joystick grips and other in–cab human-machine interfaces.
- Robust design for arduous in-cab applications
- Optional mechanical over-press feature
- at either ends of travel
- Low under-panel depth of 21mm
- Hall-effect sensor technology
- Rated for 1 million cycles of life
- Dual-redundant electronic architecture
- Outputs with sense and voltage span options
- Dual supply to ensure a high level of signal integrity
- Designed to allow contamination (liquid or dust) to pass through the mechanism without causing any damage
Two robust, return-to-center operating options are available: a ±25° movement from center; or a ±20° movement with an over-press feature, which can be included in both directions of movement or just one, used to indicate a different mode of machine operation. In all versions, a compact mechanical design means the required under-panel space is just 21mm.
The rocker utilizes non-contacting, Hall-effect sensing technology that eliminates contact wear and provides for long-life integrity of the output signal, giving rise to a minimum operating life of 1 million cycles.
Safety is enhanced via a fully dual-redundant electronic architecture made up of two power supplies and two sensing circuits, the outputs of which can be set to positive or negative ramps or a combination of both. Electronic robustness is assured with the enclosure sealing rated to IP67.